Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Chocolates & Confections Week 6 Day 2

Chocolates & Confections Week 6 Day2

On Day 1, we made the Dragees, Rochers, and the Marzipan. The marzipan we left out to set overnight. But this is what we made yesterday....

It's a mixture of nuts, sugar, and glucose cooked to a certain temperature, then ground into a thick paste. We pressed it into a brick...

Then poured melted chocolate over it, and let it set overnight. Today, we flipped it over and stamped out circles.

These will be dipped and garnished with almonds. I had my flower cutters too, so I stamped out some flower-shaped marzipan as well.

Unfortunately, only the five shown turned out perfect. All the others had white streaks on them, meaning that something went awry during the tempering process. I don't know what I'm doing wrong...I'll try to monitor my temp more closely next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment