Saturday, June 23, 2012

Gastronomical Exploration: Copper Onion

While my dad's recuperating at the hospital from his surgery, my mom and I continue on with our gastronomical exploration.

Today, we tried the Copper Onion, a New American cuisine restaurant that's fairly new.  I've heard good reviews about this place, so I had high expectations.
There were a few things on the dinner special, so my mom got the rock shrimp pasta and I got the smoked salmon salad.


The rock shrimp pasta.  The pasta is house-made, and tasted fine--but very al dente, if not borderline chewy.  The shrimp was slightly overcooked, and the sauce was too spicy.  It was spicy to the point it overpowered the tomato in the sauce.  
My smoked salmon salad.  With fresh greens, smoked salmon, raspberry, and house dressing.  I normally like salads, but this one wasn't very good.  The smoked salmon was delicious by itself, but the raspberries didn't go very well with the smokey flavor of the salmon at all.  The salad would've been way better with orange segments instead. 
We left disappointed.  And at $14 per plate, we felt ripped off.  I doubt we'll go again...

No comments:

Post a Comment