Sunday, June 24, 2012

Gastronomical Exploration: Aristo's

Next up on our list of restaurants to visit--Aristo's.
It's a Greek restaurant--and I have to admit, I've never been a fan of Greek food, but I've heard great reviews about this place.  Mom wanted to try the moussaka.
I didn't have much of an appetite, so I ordered their soup, the Avgolemono.
 It's a Mediterranean egg-drop soup basically.  Very flavorful, chicken-stock based clear-yet-thick soup was nice and hot...and quite tangy from the lemon.  It was full of tender rice and bits of carrots.  Very strange, but pretty good.
Then came the mousaka....
Ground lamb, eggplant, and potato slices sauteed in spices and topped with bechamel sauce.  The filling was bland, and the bechamel "sauce" was so thick it was like pudding.  Again, it was pretty bland, and mom couldn't finish it.
Meh...doubt we'll come back here again...

No comments:

Post a Comment