Wednesday, April 18, 2012

More Puff Pastry Desserts!

I still had lots of puff pastry and vanilla cream leftover from Sunday, so another millefeuille-type dessert was in order. We already had the strawberry version, so I opted for...Chocolate and banana!

I whisked in cocoa powder to the vanilla pastry cream. I was careful to sift it in, so it won't form any lumps. Once smooth, I piped them onto the pastries, arranged banana slices, and voila...

Chunky-Monkey Millefeuille. Despite the fact I used cocoa powder, the chocolate cream turned out smooth and quite decadent, like chocolate truffles. The whole plate is finished with chocolate sauce and toasted almonds.

But it still needed something to balance the whole thing out, since everything on here is quite sweet. Something mellow and neutral...like whipped cream!

It was quite delicious! But there are still some puff pastries left. What shall I make next?

P.S. For an egg-free option, just replace the chocolate truffle cream with chocolate whipped cream. The puff pastry itself does not contain eggs whatsoever. And it will taste just as good!

No comments:

Post a Comment