Monday, June 2, 2014

Treats for the Prayer Ministry Team

On Easter Sunday, the leader of the Prayer Ministry Team at my church told me that they're having a prayer time/meeting the following Sunday...and was wondering if I could make some treats for all the participants?

Of course I would!

As a matter of fact, there was this one cookie that I've always wanted to try making--a prayer cookie.  I was envisioning hand-shaped shortbread cookies encasing a buttercream filling.  It will look like praying hands with creamy filling--or a hand-shaped Oreo.  And it was the perfect opportunity to try this out.

I made the basic chocolate shortbread dough, rolled it out and used the hand-shaped cookie cutter to cut these out.  I had to flip the cutter on the other side to make the opposite hand (since they're mirror-images of each other).

I made a peanut butter cream filling for these.  The result?



It tasted good, just like your regular chocolate-peanut butter sandwich cookie.  The fingers on the cutter is shorter (in proportion) than the average human hand, so it looked a bit funny/unnatural.  I was a bit disappointed (being the perfectionist that I am...) but the Prayer Ministry Team loved it!  They said the treats made the meeting/prayer time very much memorable.  As long as they're happy, I'm happy :)
Guess I'll just call these... Prayer-eos?

No comments:

Post a Comment