Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Shenanigans at Work The Finale


This will be my last post about shenanigans at work.  I just got fired.
 
You see, the day before, towards the end of the shift, my supervisor, K asked the newly hired girl to bake three cheesecakes.  Right after she put them in the oven, K sent her home, saying that she'll take care of the cheesecakes.  An hour goes by, and I decided to check on them.  They looked done, so I asked K if I should pull them out.  Both of us went to go see, and sure enough, they were ready to be pulled, so I grabbed a pair of oven mitts and pulled them out.  After I put the last one on the cooling rack, I turned around to ask K what I should do with them--and 'poof', she was gone.  I ran out front and saw her leaving out the door.  By this time, I had clocked out--cuz K told me to--and assuming she wanted to send me home, I just left the cakes on the rack and left.
Early the next morning, she called, EXTREMELY angry, asking me why I had put the cakes on the racks (...to cool them down), why didn't I put them away (...cuz they were still really hot), that they were for an order (that I didn't know about), and that I screwed her over.  Well, if those were that important, then why did she have the newbie make them (what if they didn't turn out right?) and why didn't she check to make sure they were put away (which is, as a supervisor, her responsibility)?
Few minutes later, she texted me, saying that I'm fired.
Granted, I had a feeling she didn't like me to begin with, and I was getting sort of worried about working here, with someone who I may not get along with.  At the same time, I was really bummed.
 
My parents felt bad for me, so to help cheer me up (although I really had no appetite) we went out to Kyoto restaurant for sushi...
 Mom and I split this one. I managed to down a few pieces, but my stomach felt a little queasy after.
When we got home, I got a reply from the guy I was trying to contact to buy his 75-gallon tank replied back.  He told me the time and the address.  I recruited my good friend and her (very strong) boyfriend/fiance to help me carry the massive tank into my room. 
After that, we went out to a fusion Asian place, Sapa restaurant.
 Very fancy decor and interior.  They have a patio with three Thai tea houses.  It's a great place to have wedding reception.
 Happy Valley Lamb.  Very tender chunks of lamb marinated and stir fried, on green beans and fried rice.  The lamb was surpringly tender and didn't have that "lamb" taste, just a hint of it towards the end, and seasoned well.
 Baked Dynamite.  Scallop, shrimp, calamari, and mushroom in a spicy broth, served with rice.  This was pretty good too.
 

For sushi, we ordered the ocean trout and the unagi nigiri.  The ocean trout tasted just like salmon, except more delicate and mild.
For myself, I ordered something a little interesting...
Maui Wowie roll.  Filled with crab, shrimp tempura, avocado and cuke, topped with tuna, mango and macadamia nuts.  According to the Flavor Bible, mango and soy sauce are a taboo combo.  And indeed, the soy sauce did overpower the delicate flavors of the mangos and the fish in the rolls.  But it went really well with the sweet teriyaki sauce on the plate.
Other than the service being kinda slow, we had a goot time chatting and enjoying the food.
I certainly felt a lot better.  Sure, I was bummed I had to go find another job, and well, just getting fired over an accidental mistake was stressful.  But I certainly saw a glimmer of hope when I saw this...
Double rainbows.  A sign of covenant from God.  This is not a closure, but more of a door-opener.  I don't know what I'll do, but I'm sure God will lead me the way.  In the meantime, I'm gonna give my hand (which is starting to show signs of arthritis from overuse) a well-deserved rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment