Friday, April 15, 2011

What a good, high quality camera can do

My sister-in-law's husband is a photographer. During the family reunion in San Diego, he was taking shots after shots of me filling the choux pastries with custard and whipped cream, and the desserts. I don't know anything about cameras, but the one he had looked like a very high quality one. He sent me the pictures of the cream puffs that he took with his camera.



Very pretty! The details are gorgeous, and the lighting makes the cream puffs look ethreal and delicious.

This is the pic I took with my camera....


I had to retouch the photo to adjust the lighting on it. While the pictures look similar, my camera can't do a real close-up shot like his camera can, so it's limited in that sense. Taking good pictures of food is an important ability--a delicious plate of food can look extremely unappetizing depending how the photo is taken. The opposite is true too, an unappetizing plate of food can look delicious with good photography.

No comments:

Post a Comment