Friday, April 29, 2011

The Joys of Wisdom Teeth Extraction

So the day finally came...to get all my 4 wisdom teeth pulled out. I had one impacted, two that have completely grown out, and one that was halfway out.
My mom drove me to the clinic. The nurse explained the procedure, and put the nitrous mask on me. Within minutes, I was feeling really light--then I was out. That part was quite pleasant actually. I woke up and it was done. They gave me an Otter Pop and I sucked on that on the way home--I hadn't eaten since the night before.

Once home, mom immediately set up a spot on the couch. I was out for a few hours. The prolonged effect of the anesthesia definitely helped, and I managed to get some quality sleep.

I think the worst part about it was the bleeding. I had to have a wad of gauze in my mouth to stop the bleeding, and it almost took six hours before it finally subsided. Until then, I couldn't eat or drink anything! ...Although I sneaked a sip of ice tea inbetween gauze change. I don't know how many times I changed the gauze, but there's a pile of bloody mess in the trash can now... :(

As for meals, I ate some of the Lemon-Basil Sorbet we made in Advanced Desserts class, and it was very soothing. Mom made me pureed cabbage soup and sesame cereal mix that my sister gave us. She said it felt nostalgic to be making 'baby food' again.

No comments:

Post a Comment