Wednesday, June 30, 2010

My Summer Break

I made tuiles for my last post...this week, I've used them to make cute dessert cups for family friends whom we invited over for dinner.


Filled with chocolate mousse, garnished with chopped nuts, strawberry and kiwi slices.
Unfortunately, the mousse didn't turn out too well...it got a little grainy. But it tasted delicious... I have a long way to go with this mousse thing... Mousse and I seem to have a love& hate relationship. I love it, but I can (almost) never get it right!


And then, with the rose syrup I made, I made some rose jelly, garnished with lychees. The flavor combo was good, except that the lychee flavor was a bit overpowering.
With the leftover lychees....

Lychee jelly--with red grape-stuffed lychees. They look like eyeballs... These were really good, the soft lychee went well with the crunchy texture of the grapes.


And yet another Culinary Experiment...Stevia Banana Bread!
I replaced the 1/2 cup of melted butter with applesauce, the 1 cup of sugar with 1 Tbsp of chopped stevia leaves. The result was a moist, not very sweet, more like banana-wheat muffin, super-healthy banana bread. The substitutions alone cut a whopping 1470 calories off the recipe! Made a healthy, tasty breakfast treat with low-fat honey-almond cream cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment