Tuesday, June 7, 2016

New Pastries at La Bonne Vie: Eclair

Spring is here!!

...Well, it WAS here.  The months flew by (again) and before I knew it, the spring had sprung and gone, and now it's like the summer just showed up at my door on a very short notice.

Sometime around early March, my boss had ordered a !@#$ ton of spring-themed chocolate decorations for me and my partner to use  at (pretty much) our disposal.  Some of these decors include white chocolate daisies, ladybugs, honey bees, sticks with flower designs, etc.

We needed to replace the outdated winter dessert items--because by the time March rolls around, most people are pretty sick of pumpkin-flavored items (although there are a few exceptions).  So I came up with a few spring-themed eclairs and tarts. 

I did eclairs because my boss wanted to expand our line of eclairs.  Which, to be honest, I think is due to his own infatuation with L'eclair de Genie, a famous and very popular eclair boutique in Paris.
Unfortunately, while the eclairs may be the rave right now in Paris, Utah tends to be pretty behind (approx. five years is what I've heard) when it comes to the hottest food trends. Since the majority of the customers who come to shop at La Bonne Vie are after the macarons, other pastries tend to get ignored.  It may take a few more years before the eclair rage sets in.

But I digress.  Here are the new spring line of eclairs at La Bonne Vie.


 Cherry Eclairs: Chopped Amarena cherries in rich syrup on the bottom of the eclair shell, topped with a tornado of creamy cherry mousse.  The plum and cherry blossom decors I made myself, using cookie cutter.


Raspberry-Nutella Eclairs: Raspberry confit on the bottom, topped with uber rich Nutella cream.  Surprisingly, the raspberry goes well with the nutty, chocolatey goodness of the cream.


Bienenstich Eclair (or more commonly known as Stinger Bee Eclair): Honey drizzled on the bottom, topped with almond diplomat cream, finished with mascarpone cream and almond florentine wafer.  The minimally sweetened mascarpone cream tones down the intense almond florentine.


 Raspberry Mousse Eclair: Raspberry confit on the bottom, topped with luscious raspberry mousse.

In my next post, I shall introduce the new tarts available at La Bonne Vie...

No comments:

Post a Comment