Wednesday, December 2, 2015

OMGanache!!!

Seriously, has it been freakin' almost a YEAR since I wrote something in my blog???
I gotta say though, this year has been...very eventful.

Last year's Christmas/holidays were insanely busy, and I was doing around 10~12 hours per day at work.  Things have finally settled down (or so I thought) and I remember actually going home on time the day I last updated the blog.  Then the Valentine's Day hit, and right after that was Easter and Mother's Day.... while my (now former) partner/coworker took--not one, but TWO--2-week long vacation during this time, one of the busiest time of the year.  Which meant extra overtime for me.

Things settled down after Mother's Day.  I took some well-deserved time off to go on a weekend trip with my (then) boyfriend to Lava Hot Springs.  We went hiking up a trail, but hit a dead-end half way up the mountain.  Too bad I didn't have my phone with me--the view was breathtaking!  The valley was covered with velvety carpet of green dotted with farmhouses and stores, with blocks of farm land here and there, spooned by lightly snow-capped mountain ranges on the opposite side.  It was a scenery straight out of children's story book.  We stood there and talked about random things...when all of a sudden, my boyfriend blurts out, "So...this dating thing?  It's not working out."

....Judging from his facial expression, I figured he was just kidding.  At the same time, I thought to myself,

"...OK, the punchline had better be DAMN good or I may have to smack him."

That's when he got down on his knee and proposed to me!! :D

Of course I said yes!

Once we got back from the trip, most of the time was spent planning on the wedding.

I decided to have the wedding at my work, a luxurious 5-star hotel;  of course, I was putting my employee discount to a full use. ;)  I also kept it a secret from my coworkers;  right after the ceremony/reception, my plan was to have the banquet captain call the kitchen to announce that the bride would like to personally thank the staff for their hospitality, go down to the kitchen, and surprise the crap out of everybody.  Besides, I would avoid all the annoying questions and drama (when's the date?  Did you pick a dress?? Flowers??? How many people??? Planning on kids?? Lemme see the RING!!!)

So I kept it a secret during the entire 5 months of our engagement...and it was well worth it.
My boss's face when I showed up in my wedding dress along with my guests (we had an immediate family-only ceremony, which turned out to be an intimate group of 17 people) was...priceless.  For the first few minutes, he stood there dumbfounded with "WTF" face!

Then pretty much right after the wedding...I found out that I'm pregnant.  I'm now about 12 weeks along!



Here's a shot of my belly at 12 weeks.  There is a bit of a pooch developing in my lower abdomen...


So as you can see, it has been a busy, eventful year.  We haven't gone on a honeymoon yet, so we're planning on a honeymoon/babymoon very, very soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment