Wednesday, June 5, 2013

In the meantime...Irish Cream pound cake

I'm kinda-sorta enjoying being out of work...for now.  My hand still gets stiff and swollen in the morning, despite the three-week rest.  But of course I didn't want to rest too much--I mean, what if I get rusty or lose my touch?
 
So I've been baking macarons every now and then, with good results.  To this day, I wonder if Pierre's bakery (where I used to work...) ever got someone to make the macarons.  As far as I know, I was the only one who was able to make them.
But today, there was one issue that needed to be resolved...a half-bottle of Irish Cream sitting in the fridge.  I had used it to make Irish Cream cheesecake for a dinner few months ago, and being a major lightweight, I haven't touched it since.  If I can't drink it, what should I do with it?  (...Other than giving it away, but c'mon...giving someone half a bottle of liquor is just so not classy)
 
Bake with it of course.  I've always wanted to make a pound cake loaded with booze, and this was the perfect opportunity.
 
So I took a basic buttermilk poundcake recipe and substituted the buttermilk with a mixture of Irish cream, amaretto, and bourbon.  I also added instant coffee to the mix.  In other words...
 
Irish Cream + Amaretto + Coffee equals a mixed drink known as "Orgasm".

 

...Yes, this is my "Orgasm" pound cake.  Not too sweet and uber moist, this cake starts out with coffee flavor and finishes with a boozy punch.  Paired with Earl Grey ice cream, it was indeed, orgasmic.

No comments:

Post a Comment