Thursday, January 26, 2012

Gastronomical Exploration: Godiva Chocolate

Apparently, Godiva has a rewards club with some cool benefits. It comes with a FREE chocolate truffle every month (who wouldn't want that?), free shipping and handling on first order, plus bonus gifts with purchase, etc....

So I visited the Godiva Shop in Fashion Place Mall to sign up. It's free, and all they needed was my email address. I got two truffles: a Chocolate Lava Cake and the new Chocolate Black Currant Truffle. The latter, according to the lady who worked at the boutique, contains chestnut cream.

The truffles are $2.50 each, but I got one for free for signing up with their rewards club.
We ate them for our dessert. The Lava Cake did indeed, had a liquid chocolate filling (the lady said it was fondant chocolate) that gushed out when I cut into it. Texturally, it was pretty good. The black currant one had the black currant filling/jam in it. I was pleased with the natural flavors of it, and just like the lady claimed, the cream did actually taste like chestnut (unlike the Le Creme Bakery's "Chestnut" Mousse cake).
They were both good. But...after tasting Valrhona truffles we made in class, and the Amedei chocolates that I recently purchased (more on that later)... these were too sweet and lacked the complexity that Amedei and Valrhona had. Oh curse them...I think they ruined the chocolates I'll ever have in future.

No comments:

Post a Comment